Sunday, April 5, 2009

My Stoker is Back!

Liz has been recuperating fast from here broken femur and total hip replacement. This past Monday, four weeks to the day since her surgery, she was back on the bike with me in the park. This afternoon, after the morning ride in Fulshear, I took Liz to the park and she made 16 miles with no pain. She's able to articulate her new joint with no problems.

For the first 10 miles or so we flew, reminding me how fast we are together on this bike. I think Liz tired a little for the last few miles and we dropped down to a more sedate pace. She's just a little deconditioned from the rigors of surgery and not riding in a month. This confirms my own experience with my broken femur. Riding the bike was the first real exercise i was able to do after surgery with no pain. She'll be back up to full speed in no time.

Naturally, Liz is a little nervous about reinjury and I can't say that I blame her. She says she'll never get on the Flevo again because she feels so much more comfortable on the XBike. I'm thinking about selling it, but haven't made up my mind yet. Stay tuned.