Sunday, December 9, 2007

Saturday in Fulshear

Saturday's recumbent crowd in Fulshear consisted of Debbie and Pat, Wayne, Ben, Jim, me and Hasso who was riding with us for the first time.

Hasso builds his own trikes. He calls this one the "Triped."

Daughter Aimee, my usual stoker, has taken a job at a vet clinic while waiting to see if she will get into vet school next year. Unfortunately, this means that she was not able to ride back seat yesterday. She may be missing more Saturdays in the future. The fact that I might have had to ride my V2 Saturday for lack of a stoker made me realize just how much I enjoy tandem riding. Frankly, I was not looking forward to riding solo. I put out an email to our newsgroup Friday night and Debbie kindly volunteered to stoke in Aimee's place . Debbie and Pat are thinking about getting a tandem and she wanted some real time experience. Debbie is a strong stoker in spite of the fact that she's never been on this bike before. With a healthy tail wind we managed to cruise at 22mph.

Flevo Update: The bike has been packed for shipment up in Billings, Montana and should be here in the next week or two.